LUCY L. JONES, PhD
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Ph.D. Psychology – United States International University, San Diego, CA 1992
- M.A. Theology – Fuller Theological Seminary, Pasadena, CA 1986
- M.A. Human Relations – California Western University, San Diego, CA 1966
- B.A. Humanities – California Western University, San Diego, CA 1965
Ordained Deacon in June, 1983 and Ordained Elder in Full Connection in June, 1988 in Desert Southwest Annual Conference of The United Methodist Church, retired 2003.
Teaching certificate for Arizona Community Colleges in Psychology, Religious Studies
Lifetime teaching certificate #195181 for California Community Colleges in Psychology
PROFESSIONAL ABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Counseling and providing psychometrics and assessments for adults, adolescents, and children in individual, family, and group settings since 1975
- Intensive Case Manager with adult clients for the Hawai`i Adult Mental Health Division.
- Teaching and counseling college students and other adults
- Preparing and presenting seminars and specialized workshops in areas such as addictions, communications, management, administration and organizational skills
- Career counseling for vocational rehabilitation men, women, and young adults
- Presenting in-service training programs and consultation for psychologists, teachers, paraprofessionals, and sales persons
- Creating spiritual programs for Native Americans, gays and lesbians, and various minority populations
- Designing and implementing curriculum for seventeen Base Chapels at Camp Pendleton Marine Corps Base for all ages
- Directing and facilitating three-day pre-marriage seminars with military personnel and dependents, delivering sermons, performing marriages, visiting, serving as liaison with community/church, other related pastoral duties
- Administration of large budgets and personnel for multi-staff non-profit organizations
CAREER EXPERIENCE – TEACHING
Hawai`i Community College at Palamanui, Kailua-Kona, HI, Associate Professor in substance abuse, psychology, social sciences, sociology, women’s studies from 1997 until retirement on September 1, 2021.
Private instructor and consultant for substance abuse counselors in Ocean View HI, incorporated 2003-2010.
University of Hawai`i West Oahu, Pearl City, HI, lecturer in psychology and substance abuse, 2002 to 2006.
Arizona Western College, Parker, AZ, lecturer in diagnosing chemical dependency, philosophy, psychology, child growth and development, world religions, September 1986 to June 1989.
National University, Vista, CA and Miramar College, San Diego, CA, behavioral science, psychology of management, physiological psychology, human sexuality, 1977 to 1981.
Music and Christian Education, St. John’s Episcopal School, Grades K-10, Agaña, Guam, September 1967 to May 1969.
Fourth Grade/Special Education, Agaña, Heights, Guam, October 1966 to May 1967.
CAREER EXPERIENCE – COUNSELING
Independent Contractor with CARE- Hawai`i, March 2000 to 2003.
CEO/Chair, JIB, Ltd. (Johnson International Business, Ltd.) Tucson, AZ, November 1993 to 2003 in Kailua-Kona, HI (non-profit residential extended care facility).
Pastoral counseling in churches as listed under “Clergy” below – 1983 to present.
Michael R. Samko, Ph.D., 2885 Hope St.,
Carlsbad, CA, February 1979 to May 1983.
El Camino Psychology Center, 524 N. Clementine, Oceanside, CA, Thomas E. Overbaugh, Ph.D. Director, August 1975 to February 1979 (unknown location).
CAREER EXPERIENCE – CLERGY
Entered into retired status June 2003
Endorsed by The United Methodist Church as Chaplain in Coast Guard Auxiliary (2021 to present) and in Mental Health (1999 to present)
Pastor, Na`alehu- Pahala United Methodist Churches, HI July 1997 to July 1999.
Director, Wesley Foundation, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, March 1995 to July 1997.
Co-pastor, St. Francis in the Foothills United Methodist Church, Tucson, AZ, June 1989 to October 1993.
Pastor in Charge, Parker United Methodist Church, Parker, AZ, July 1986 to June 1989.
Associate Pastor, Glendale First United Methodist Church, Glendale, AZ, June 1983 to June 1986.
CAREER EXPERIENCE – RELIGIOUS EDUCATION
United States Navy, Office of Base Chaplain, Camp Pendleton, CA, September 1981 to June 1983.
Various military chapels and churches in Agaña, Guam; Portsmouth, Rhode Island; San Luis Obispo, CA; Oceanside, CA; 1966 to 1981.
Point Loma United Methodist Church, San Diego, CA, June 1965 to August 1966.