- PhD Psychology – United States International University, San Diego, CA 1992
- MA Theology – Fuller Theological Seminary, Pasadena, CA 1986
- MA Human Relations – California Western University, San Diego, CA 1966
- BA Humanities – California Western University, San Diego, CA 1965
- Certified Substance Abuse Counselor (CSAC), certificate number 1251-05
- Ordained Deacon in June, 1983 and Ordained Elder in Full Connection in June, 1988 in Desert Southwest Annual Conference of The United Methodist Church
- Teaching certificate for Arizona Community Colleges in Psychology, Religious Studies
- Lifetime teaching certificate #195181 for California Community Colleges in Psychology
- Counseling and providing psychometrics and assessments for adults, adolescents, and children in individual, family, and group settings since 1975
- Intensive Case Manager with adult clients for the Hawai`i Adult Mental Health Division.
- Teaching and counseling college students and other adults as adjunct faculty
- Preparing and presenting seminars and specialized workshops in areas such as addictions, communications, management, administration and organizational skills
- Career counseling for vocational rehabilitation men, women, and young adults
- Presenting in-service training programs and consultation for psychologists, teachers, paraprofessionals, and sales persons
- Creating spiritual programs for Native Americans, gays and lesbians, and other minorities
- Designing and implementing curriculum for seventeen Base Chapels at Camp Pendleton Marine Corps Base for all ages
- Directing and facilitating three-day pre-marriage seminars, delivering sermons, performing marriages, visiting, serving as community/church liaison, other related pastoral duties
- Administration of large budgets and personnel for multi-staff non-profit organizations
- Hawai`i Community College, at University Center-West Hawai`i, Kealakekua, HI, assistant professor in substance abuse, psychology, philosophy, religious studies, sociology, human services, 1998 to present.
- Lucy Lee Jones, Inc, private instructor and consultant for substance abuse counselors in Ocean View HI, incorporated since 2003.
- University of Hawai`i West Oahu, Pearl City, HI, lecturer in psychology and substance abuse, 2002 to 2006.
- Arizona Western College, Parker, AZ, lecturer in diagnosing chemical dependency, philosophy, psychology, child growth and development, world religions, September 1986 to June 1989.
- National University, Vista, CA and Miramar College, San Diego, CA, behavioral science, psychology of management, physiological psychology, human sexuality, 1977 to 1981.
- Music and Christian Education, St. John’s Episcopal School, Grades K-10, Agaña, Guam, September 1967 to May 1969.
- Fourth Grade/Special Education, Agaña, Heights, Guam, October 1966 to May 1967.
- United States Navy, Office of Base Chaplain, Camp Pendleton, CA, September 1981 to June 1983.
- Various military chapels and churches in Agaña, Guam; Portsmouth, Rhode Island; San Luis Obispo, CA; Oceanside, CA; 1966 to 1981.
- Point Loma United Methodist Church, San Diego, CA, June 1965 to August 1966.
- Independent Contractor with CARE- Hawai`i, March 2000 to 2003.
- CEO/Chair, JIB, Ltd. (Johnson International Business, Ltd.) Tucson, AZ, November 1993 to 2003 in Kailua-Kona, HI (non-profit residential extended care facility).
- Pastoral counseling in churches as listed on next column – 1983 to present.
- Private counseling from 1979 to present.
- Michael R. Samko, Ph.D., 2885 Hope St., Carlsbad, CA, February 1979 to May 1983.
- El Camino Psychology Center, 524 N. Clementine, Oceanside, CA, Thomas E. Overbaugh, Ph.D. Director, August 1975 to February 1979 (moved, new location unknown).
- Chaplain in Mental Health, 1999 to present, endorsed by The United Methodist Church
- Retired status as of June 2003.
- Pastor, Naalehu- Pahala United Methodist Churches, HI July, 1997 to July, 1999.
- Director, Wesley Foundation, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, March 1, 1995 to July, 1997.
- Co-pastor, St. Francis in the Foothills United Methodist Church, Tucson, AZ, June 1989 to October 1993.
- Pastor in Charge, Parker United Methodist Church, Parker, AZ, July 1986 to June 1989.
- Associate Pastor, Glendale First United Methodist Church, Glendale, AZ, June 1983 to June 1986.